Vaillant EcoTec Plus 831 - Heating flow temp remains at 50 degs

Pretty sure the 24V link also has be disconnected for 230V thermostat operation.

This is what I have been told. You can see that the Hive is now connected to the RT via the 230v connection.

The Hive does exactly what it should be doing, either demanding heating or not, it's just that I expected the boiler's "flame graph" to increase from the almost minimum setting, and probably hence why it heats the home so incredibly slowly.

Sponsored Links
I'd say that receiver unit has to come out.

If you don't have the original blanking plate it may be possible to remove the pins (3 pins in 1 that stick out at the back of the receiver to make the connection), then push the receiver back into place on the boiler.

I'd say that receiver unit has to come out.

If you don't have the original blanking plate it may be possible to remove the pins (3 connections in 1) that stick out at the back of the receiver and push it back into place in the boiler.

I actually didn't know that was a receiver! I do have the blanking plate too. I will probably do this anyway.

The status recognised sounds like something is still there and expecting a signal, but its not seeing it?

Sponsored Links
That's correct. I havent' had the time to remove the receiver with the holidays and all that - the outside temps are warmer now so it's not much of a problem right now. I'm putting it down to the size of our lounge/diner, as this seems to be the coldest area of the home. The receive is off, I know that, so I'm not sure what more this can do to harm the operation of the boiler with the Hive.

In an effort to raise temps to at least 20 degs in the home, I have increased the target flow from 75 to 80 degs with no success,

In D71?

and the actual "heating target flow temp" value remains at 50 degs.

In D5?

If yes to both, what does D9 show? Most likely the value is still being overridden by the ebus controller.

Bingo! Thank you so much - I have removed the controller (didn't know it comes off from the front) and replaced it with the blanking plate, and now the flame graph is higher near the middle and the flow temp is rising above 50 degs. Sorry, I removed the eBus before I had a chance to look at D9, which is now missing. I've reset the Pump speed back to Auto, and Heating Partial Load back down to 14Kw, and any other settings I made have changed. It's made my day!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back