Vaillant Ecotec plus 831 strong enough

you have installed such a boiler that has say 18l per minute hot water delivery, your mains can only deliver 12l per minute

Your HW flow rate is never going to be greater than the incoming mains flow rate for mains driven HW systems like Combi's and Unvented HW Cylinders. To exceed the mains flow rate, as pumping directly from the mains is not normally permitted, surely you would have to pump a gravity fed HW system.
I will rephrase, I would chose the ecoTech Plus 938 where a Combi is best suited for the situation and that you have sufficient incoming flow rate to achieve the 15.9 LPM DHW flowrate at 35°C temperature rise. Again, this is only my personal opinion.
Try carrying out any repairs on these....not sure having a high level fridge affixed to the wall suits most.

Sponsored Links
Try carrying out any repairs on these....not sure having a high level fridge affixed to the wall suits most.

There is obviously a market for them (the 938's), I have had my 937 for 3 years now and has been trouble free.

There is obviously a market for them (the 938's), I have had my 937 for 3 years now and has been trouble free.
Wait for problems is all I can say...they will happen....:ROFLMAO:......had to remove a few of these from the wall in order to carry out a repair...:censored:

I got my 937 as had no room for a conventional HW storage tank and wanted a boiler what has the HW already pre-heated all through the year.

Sponsored Links
The most unreliable combi vaillant made im afraid, poor access for repairs

Whats the most reliable domestic storage combi then?

I am happy with mine, and thus can only advise on my personal experience what has been all good till date. Is it not made in Germany after all is it or is that somehow irrelevant?

Whats the most reliable domestic storage combi then?

I am happy with mine, and thus can only advise on my personal experience what has been all good till date. Is it not made in Germany after all is it or is that somehow irrelevant?
your personal experience is with one boiler thats only been installed for 3 years , don't think that is of much experience and further more your recommending something you don't know much about technically ( not personal attack ) .
its like saying i had my tap washer changed by a plumber but i would recommend him to others because i think he's a good plumber .

I'm glad yours has been fine for three years but Bunnyman is possibly the most experienced person in the country when it comes to Vaillant (y)

Feels like it, we are all entitled to our opinions. I am free to give mine just as everyone else is free to give theirs.
feel as you like , as you say everyone has their opinion , the OP would find out to the cost of your recommendation . fook sake man don't take it to heart we are all ( well most :LOL: ) wrong sometimes and we learn from it

IMO, the best thing for the OP to do is to do his own research and get the opinions of several active trades people. Your are right though, I am very early on in my boilers life. I have my fingers crossed it will be trouble free for years to come. ;)

I'd say 4 out of 5 937's I service/repair have a DHW flow rate of 10-12 L/min when measured...:whistle:

Defo need 20+ l/min cold water supply as you would any unvented cyl too.

Bending valve/TMV on hot outlet gives the best performance without doubt.

If you've got the room, any UV cylinder on HW priority is a better bet imo, smaller boiler needed too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back