Vaillant Ecotec Pro - CH off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Firstly, sorry for the essay but there is no easy way to say this...

My CH recently stopped working, though the water was fine. I noticed the pressure was down and so topped up the water and the heating came back on for a couple of days.

It then went off again and I wondered if there was air in the system. I bleed the radiators and purged the system. Nothing happened. I purged the system again and CH came on for a couple of hours and then went off again and wouldn't come back on.

Whilst bleeding the rads I noticed the water was really black and wondered if the protector had been added correctly previously and if sludge could be blocking things. I've therefore drained the rads, flushed it through with water and added a cleaner. The CH still didn't come on. I got fed up and left it for a few hours.. In the morning when I turned the boiler on the CH has come back on.

I'm just worried it's going to go off again. Can anyone help explain why this might have happened?

Whilst the CH wasn't working I would mostly be getting the S30 display. I changed batteries in the thermostat and wondered if this could be the problem but thought it odd that it would go on an off, if the control unit wasn't working. Since flushing the system I would get the S17 and S30 display.. now it's all working OK.

In case it goes off again, is there anyway to operate the boiler manually, ie. bypass the thermostat to check if the boiler is the problem or it is?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back