hot water/heating only getting luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with my HW/CH that seems to have only happened since i've put the CH back on this week.

Sealed system, Baxi solo 3 50 PF boiler, Drayton lifestyle Lp522 controller, Drayton HT53 tank thermostat.

Basically they both seem to be only getting luke warm. When i first put the HW on the pump starts and the boiler comes on and the 3 point valve is in the HW only position, all seems fine but it seems to go off before the water is fully up to temp. If i put the CH on aswell the 3 point valve moves to the mid position and the rads start to get warm but again only luke warm regardless of the room thermostat setting and the boiler does not come on to heat the water further. with HW off and CH on the valve again moves to the CH only position but again boiler does not come on despite thermostat setting.

It was working ok on monday but on wednesday eve i opened the valves on the bathroom towel rail (which comes on when HW is on) i do remember it making a bubbling type noise as if there was air in it. I have tried bleeding it but only water comes out. I've also tried bleeding a few of the rads but again only water is coming out.

pressure is set to 1.3-1.5 bar and seems to hold.

Could it be that i have created an airlock in the system or perhaps some crud in the system is causing a blockage? or is it more likely to be an electronic fault of some sort.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Boiler stat knob position?

It sounds as you have been fiddling with your system and probably induced a fault situation like turning down the boiler stat!

Tony

if you mean the knob above the indicator lights its in the mid position, i havent knowingly moved it but the lower panel/cover has been off for a few months after i knocked it getting the hoover out the cupboard so its possible it could have been moved

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me that if the 3port valve is moving to CH position and boiler don't light up, then a micro switch at fault. I've had this on a Myson 3port valve and replacing the valve head cured it
Obviously no problem when both HW and CH are on, but it only stays like that till HW satisfied.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back