Vaillant EcoTec problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help me?
We've been having some issues with our boiler and heating system for some time and we feel like we've tried everything! We have a Vaillant EcoTec boiler, but none of our radiators are getting warm. Occasionally they will get warm enough upstairs (our central heating system was put in with the rads upstairs being some of the first in the system, then coming downstairs) but the last rads in the system downstairs never get warm. We have had the pump changed in our boiler, a system flush and constantly rebalancing the radiators. Do you think maybe we are in need of a new boiler? It's roughly about 5-10 years old we believe, as we have just moved into the house. Or maybe a problem with our system, as it appears to have been set up strangely? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you had an engineer look at the boiler and system ?
If so what was their diagnosis ?

Have you had an engineer look at the boiler and system ?
If so what was their diagnosis ?
We had someone look at it a few months ago and they were just as confused as us to be honest. They were the one to suggest changing the pump, flushing the system and rebalancing the radiators. They also noted the arrangement of our system was odd, as it starts in our kitchen, goes to the rooms upstairs, then back down to our hallway and finally living room.

You need to find an engineer who knows what they are doing. If the boiler is working as it should ,then it's a circulation problem. Shouldn't be that difficult to establish which.
How old is the property ?

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
You need to find an engineer who knows what they are doing. If the boiler is working as it should ,then it's a circulation problem. Shouldn't be that difficult to establish which.
How old is the property ?
Thanks, we do have someone different booked in for next week to see what they suggest, but i'm just at my wits end with it not working. The boiler seems to be okay on paper. It heats up fine and not making any strange noises, which is what makes me think it's maybe the system.
From what I can remember it was built around the 1930's. The last engineer seemed to think the central heating was installed in a way which was convenient with the old arrangement of the old heat pump, rather than in an efficient way to today's standard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back