vaillant ecotec temperature control kob broke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the radiator temp control knob seems to have broken and I can't turn the rads up or down on the boiler. Any ideas how to turn this setting up, they were on 3/4

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Line it up correctly and push it through. Will work fine but there will be a small pice of plastic left inside the control box. Not really an issue though.

If I were to do it I would open the boiler up, but you not being qualified (I presume) shouldn't do this

Sponsored Links
Depending on how old it is there are 2 types

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...w=Vaillant+boiler+control&_osacat=0&_from=R40

It is common for them to break if overturned

Didn't overturn it, just came back one day and it had fallen off!
But how do I fit that as the axle still looks like it is inside the boiler part

Yeah right, best you contact Ghostwatch, or most haunted! Things don't break unless touched. Spontaneous Human Conbustion is bowl licks too!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Line it up correctly and push it through. Will work fine but there will be a small pice of plastic left inside the control box. Not really an issue though.

If I were to do it I would open the boiler up, but you not being qualified (I presume) shouldn't do this

Pushed it in but it's stuck and won't go any further so I can't push the new knob into place.

Oh we'll its obviously snapped leaving a longer rod than I have seen before.

Will have to be opened up to be fitted then

Oh we'll its obviously snapped leaving a longer rod than I have seen before.

Will have to be opened up to be fitted then

Can't I just take the front off and not touch any of the inside parts?

U "can" do whatever you like it's your house but as a registered gas engineer I'm not going to encourage it.

The reason is that the front cover of this boiler forms a seal for the combustion air supply, the boiler should not be operated without this cover or if it is damaged. Although you wouldn't be touching any gas, in my opinion opening this boiler is not for the non registered, other may not agree

If you choose to go ahead I would suggest caution. You will also need to access the electrics compartment to remove the old rod.so the power should be switched off at the mains

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back