Vaillant Ecotec 824 DHW temperature

Just one last question. After I've flushed out the X400 I was going to put X100 in. Is X100 a good product or is there better on the market?

Sponsored Links
I'll go with X100 then. It's a good price at Screwfix. I've been a bit naughty really and run with no inhibitor for a little while as I've still got one last room to do with a radiator to change. I was going to put inhibitor in when I was all done but after these recent problems I'll dose it now then dose it again after I've changed the last radiator. Is it possible to overdose on inhibitor? I've got 4 rads (1 is a double panel 1800mm x 600mm), 1 towel rad and a plinth heater.

The diverter valve has started playing up again so I've ordered a new one. I managed to get a new one for £70. The part number of 178978 has been superceded by 0020132682. I'm hoping it's an improved design. It has a different motor and comes with an adaptor for the wiring.

Sponsored Links
I have just put some sentinel X400 in the system to see if this will help.
I was going to put inhibitor in when I was all done but after these recent problems I'll dose it now then dose it again after I've changed the last radiator.

So you are only running with the X400 for ONE day?

Why did you decide to only leave it in for such a short time?

Tony

Last edited:
So you are only running with the X400 for ONE day?

Why did you decide to only leave it in for such a short time?

Tony

When I checked the manual it says to leave cleaners in the system for maximum of 24 hours. I ran the CH for hours and also ran the DHW for at least an hour. To be fair the system wasn't that dirty and the radiators didn't have cold spots. When I drained it only a few black bits of crap came out. The water actually looked pretty clear.

Do you know if the superceded part is an improved design?

Screenshot_2016-04-04-22-37-47.png

I don't know quite how you have managed to put those words together.

X400 should be left in a system for 4 -6 weeks!

I suspect your X400 has had little effect!

Some cleansers like X800 can be used for a few hours, primarily for power flushing.

Tony

There are two types of diverter, brass like yours and plastic with its own number.

I don't think there are any significant differences in use between the earlier brass type and the later brass type.

Tony

I don't know quite how you have managed to put those words together.

X400 should be left in a system for 4 -6 weeks!

I suspect your X400 has had little effect!

Some cleansers like X800 can be used for a few hours, primarily for power flushing.

Tony

So would you advise that I ignore the boiler manufacturers recommendation? If you read the literature for X400 it actually says to circulate it for a minimum of 2 hours or until satisfactory performance is restored. I didn't really have any performance issues.

Are you actually here to help or to just have a dig and criticise everything?

Screenshot_2016-04-04-23-26-57.png

The cover has been removed before by a BG engineer when I first moved in. When I reinstalled it I made sure it was secured on the 2 lower clips and have reinstalled the M6 screw at the bottom of the boiler cover.
sorry something bugging me , why did bg leave the boiler cover off ? for you to replace ?

The cover has been removed before by a BG engineer when I first moved in. When I reinstalled it I made sure it was secured on the 2 lower clips and have reinstalled the M6 screw at the bottom of the boiler cover.
sorry something bugging me , why did bg leave the boiler cover off ? for you to replace ?

No. The cover wasn't left off. I was just saying the cover was removed for a service when I first moved in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back