vaillant ecoTEC plus 824 dhw problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I have just purchased a repossessed house that contains a vaillant ecoTEC plus 824 combi boiler,on firing it up the heating is ok but the dhw only works while the heating is on.while heating is off water just comes out cold & the tap symbol on boiler boes not illuminate. Ive also noticed that with no power to the boiler that no water comes out of hot taps(this is prob normal but thought I'd mention it).
I think the boiler is only about 15 months old(date installers left on caseing) but I have no paperwork with it being a repossessed house.
any suggestions anybody?
thanks Matthew

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it has been wired up wrong.

I would guess that there is no permanent live and the switched live from the heating controls has been wired in its place.

You should have a permanent live to terminal 1 and the heating call live should be to terminal 4.

You will need 3 core + earth heat resistant flex for the boiler connection.

According to what he says nothing comes out of the hot tap unless power is applied to the boiler!

If thats really the case then its very odd and I cannot guess what has been done to it.

I am not convinced that what Dave has suggested is necessarily the cause because he seems to be saying that he can have power to the boiler without the heating being on.

However, as it doesn't seem to have been correctly and particularly safely installed then I would suggest a gas engineer should check to see if its been correctly installed.

If so then it should be covered by the warrantee IF the sale date was within the last two years or if it was registered with Vaillant.

Tony

Having re-read the OP, I think the 'no water out of the hot taps' when no power to the boiler, is a different fault altogether.

There are no electrically controlled valves to stop the water flowing through the boiler/taps.

The only valve that will turn off the hot taps is the right hand filling loop valve.

Thinking about it again, perhaps the hot and cold have been reverse plumbed to the boiler :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back