Vaillant ecoTECplus and timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a problem with my Vaillant ecoTECplus boiler not responding to the external British Gas UP2 timer. The timer comes on and goes off at the right programmed times but the boiler doesn't respond. When the timer comes on, the only way I can fire up the boiler is to advance the timer to off.

The boiler was installed less than two years ago by British Gas, who have replaced the timer twice but still the problem persists. Vaillant want an arm and a leg to send an engineer, with no guarantee of finding a resolution to the problem.

Any ideas, please?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Ive got no idea what a BG UP2 timer is; it will be something cheap with their name stuck on it.

If you can only start the boiler when the ext timer is off then the most likely scenario is that they have wired the timer backplate up wrongly.

There will be an indicator in the boiler LCD display which looks more like farm gate than a radiator. This should be visible when the timer is on.

I'm surprised BG fitted an ecoTEC+; they normally specify the cheaper social housing ecoTEC pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back