Vaillant eocTEC plus 837

ama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant eocTEC plus 837 boiler installed about 4 years ago; at the time the system was powerflushed but it was installed on a very old radiator circuit. I noticed last year when bleeding the radiators that they were bleeding black/red water and that some of the radiators had cold spots and so I guess it needs cleaning again. I would employ a plumber but really don't have the money.

After reading kamco instructions and all the fantastic posts on this website, I intended to give the whole central heating system a clean and power flush it using a hired Kamco clearflow CF30 power flushing machine and their Powerflush FX2 system cleaner (as far as I can tell ther is no ali in the system). I was going to put in Ts on the Flow and return as recommended here "//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67000" and then connect the kamco to these as the isntructions say that radiator connection is not as efficient. I was then intending to refill the system with the Kamco Systemsafe -DM inhibitor.

However having read more and more on this site, I am now worried that I might accidentally damage the system (in particular the pump on the boiler) and uncertainty on whether the boiler should be left on or switched off as at some points it obviously needs to be on to heat the water and facilitate the chemical action. Consequently I am now considering the more labour intensive but safer?? option of taking off every radiator and flushing each one with a hose. Would this be as effective as powerflushing? I appreciate that it won't do the boiler or the pipes in between, will this affect it all much.

I also intend to put in place a filter in place and was thinking about the Fernox TF1 or the spirovent magnabooster.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Why not remove rads with cold spots and flush with hosepipe, put tf1 filter on ,run with sentinel x800 for a week, drain and add sentinel x100.

Cheaper better and job done,

Thanks for your reply Lightning. Would it be sufficient then just to do the cold radiators then?

You might as well do all the rads with the system drained.

Its very labour intensive and risks spoiling carpets which is why most professionals will only do it in a bare house.

X800 should only be left in for about 4 hours ideally with the heating on minimum temp to circulate it. Overnight should be a maximum.

If you want to take a long time use X400 for 4-6 weeks.

Tony

Sponsored Links
quote :I also intend to put in place a filter in place and was thinking about the Fernox TF1 or the spirovent magnabooster.

definitely fit a filter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back