Vaillant - heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant Turbomax VUW 242E, 282E (one or tother - off instructions)
Hi, we're new to flat and boilers been working fine last 3 months.
However, now we have no hot water. :(
We have it on a timer - morning & night.
When the hot water is running all the lights flash up & out (i think) but the hotwater light will flick on & off a couple of times then stay out.
And consequently we have no hot water.
Can anyone please help me, cant afford a plumber at the mo.
Many thanks
T

Sponsored Links
If you are getting heating ok it is ..More than likely to be diaphragm gone in your divertor valve so needs changing some people will change just that some will change entire valve.. But unless you are good a stripping things down an rebuilding its prob best left to profesional. BG do a fixed price repair which is quite reasonable value for london

I am not sure that you are likely to able to do anything yourself.

If the boiler starts up when you turn on a hot tap then the next thing that I would check is the system flow switch!

If you did call anyone then I would suggest a competent boiler enginer rather than a plumber.

Tony

oh dear.
well thank you for all your help.
i suppose i shall just have to bite the bullet and put on the credit card.
eek

Sponsored Links
i had the same problem on the same boiler last week!

It was the diaphragm (which had torn). Its the second diaphragm i've replaced on this boiler in 2 years. It cost £75 for a boiler engineer to replace it, and it looks like a fairly complex job replacing it for a novice, so leave to an expert!

Vaillant wanted a lot more money for the repair, £195 callout fee which includes the parts.

Its only a bit of rubber so dont let anyone rip you off!

BG don't do the fixed price callout in quite a lot of London.
These diverters do have a weakness in the diverting bit, so it often isn't just the diaphragm. The boiler will come on ok but the valve can "let by".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back