Vaillant - low hot water pressure around the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wondering if you can help

We have a Vaillant Ecotec pro, it's been installed for about 5 years without any major issues. Yesterday we noticed a drop in water pressure on our hot taps - this morning we've woken up with no hot water making it to our (upstairs shower), and with very low pressure on the rest of the hot water taps around the house. Water is coming out of them, 'just'. Since then, the cold water pressure from the house also seems to be lacking - everything is lacking any oomph.

We're looking for a local plumber to fix, but as it's getting close to Xmas our regulars are currently booked/off for holidays. Wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this. Some screenshots of the setup attached below.

A few notes:
- Central heating is working fine. The house is lovely and warm.
- Pressure seems to be good on the combi

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a plumber, but would love some hot water and maybe a shower this Xmas!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Downstairs - Cold 3.5 LpM, Hot 2.75 LpP
Upstairs, about half of that. No hot water getting to the shower

Sounds like your boundary stopcock needs checking or the networks doing maintenance...what are the neighbours like?

Sponsored Links
Well, i would think its either poor cold water flow before the boiler or poor hot water flow afterwards. Find out which one and you are onto the truth of the mater.

Poor flow in is unusual unless perhaps the local supply is borked, you've a leak, or the pipes are frozen.

Poor flow after the boiler can by through the boiler (blockage) or at its destination (point of use failure).

As all the upstairs is slow, that should rule out the later.

As you have a poor CW flow, that would suggest a supply issue.

Check for leaks, freezing or local supply issues first i think.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Downstairs - Cold 3.5 LpM, Hot 2.75 LpP
Upstairs, about half of that. No hot water getting to the shower
Has the cold always been like this? If you log onto your water undertakers website, they usually list incidents in areas, if this is the case.

Hi all,

Update - after following your advice it seems that it's a local issue, and that the water company have successfully managed to cut off the entire postcode for three days! As we'd previously had issues with the shower over the last two weeks, I definitely jumped to the conclusion that it was an 'us' problem, but seems like the problem is an external one thankfully... I might revisit this thread if I do find that the local supply issue doesn't resolve the shower pressure though!

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back