Vaillant questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed recently the pressure in the system was below .75bar, so I did the re-pressurisation up to 1.25bar.
So a couple of things I am seeing, when the CH is being fed, the pressure goes to 2bar, then settles back to normal when the CH is not being fed.
The pressure drops over a week or so below .75bar and I have topped it up twice now.
I've checked every pipe, valve etc in the system and cannot find a leak anywhere.
From reading similar posts, it seems the EV might need re-pressurising. I checked the valve and only air came out.
Q1. what is the correct pressure of the EV, would a simple tyre valve device work well to measure it?
Q2. can I use a tyre inflater to pump air in?
Any other areas to check b4 doing the EV?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
check your pressure releif pipe outside isnt leaking if it is then the valve will need replacing and expansion probably depleated which is causing it .when heating up to max temp whats the pressure showing .the system should have been designed and installed so at max pressure doesnt really get above 2-2.5 bar as relief valves opens about3 bar .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back