Vaillant - replacing VRC470 with VRC720

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got Vaillant system with VRC470 control unit and control know is not responding.
Since VRC470 is discontinued I am now considering replacin git with VRC720

Is a matter of simply removing VRC470 and disconnecting eBus and connecting VRC720 or much more complicated and professional installer is needed?

Will the new automatically pick up correct settings or a new setup will be needed?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it a combi with that control, combi with two heating zones? system boiler with DHW cylinder and one heating or DHW and two heating zones? need a bit more info.

Also no, settings will not be picked up. the control has to be fully set up by whoever fits it.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Found my old post with system info :)

Vaillant ecotech 624 system boiler v.6.08
- Unistor cylinder 210L
- VR 61/4 Control centre v.4.18
- VRC 470 weather compensator (used as thermostat used for UFH zone downstairs) v.4.20
- VR 81/2 thermostat for CH upstairs v.2.02
- DHW circulation pump connected to boiler via VR40 extension module
- VR 10 sensor in cylinder dry pocket connected directly to the boiler

CH is zone 1, controlled by VR 81/2 upstairs
UFH is zone 2, controlled by VRC 470 in downstairs

The problem is that because controller knob on VRC 470 is not responding correctly i.e. I cannot select what I want and review or change settings, I need to replace it.

Not a problem to set correct settings on the new unit if I can actually replace it myself.

You would need the VRC720, but its not compatable with the other controls, so you would need to replace the VR81/2 with a VR92, The VR61 would need replacing with a VR71.

Or seeing as you already have outdoor sensor, and assuming the controls are wired and not the (f) wireless variants. You could get a sensoHOME (VRT380), VR92, VR66/2, which may be cheaper and easier to wire up. The 380 doesnt come with outdoor sensor but is compatible with it so would work the same, but probably be cheaper.

Or again, if its a wired unit, see if you can get a spare 470 facia part: 0020184593, they were available as a spare part (as opposed to the 470 kit that included the mounting unit, outdoor sensor, plugs etc.

Sponsored Links
Hi there we have had ongoing issues with our valiant thermostat (wired) vrc470/4
The dial was intermittent.

We have just purchased what we thought was a replacement but turned out to be a wireless one with a receiver and wireless thermostat vrt350f

We had two heating zones previously

Presume this new configuration won’t work with our current set up ?

Hi All

I have Vaillant 2 zone systen with a VRC470, controlling A vr61 controll centre
CH is zone 1, controlled by VRC 470
UFH is zone 2, controlled by VR 81. Via vrc470
Question I want to and ambience wifi rad valves so I can get remote control. How do I go about this.
I was thinking of a VRC720 as a start, but not sure what else I need changing IE, control center and vr81

Any help appreciated

ambisense isn't compatable with the apps and being discontinued as a product.

I don't see much benifit personally to using individual room control when your using a weather compensated controller, if your appliance only puts the heat into the house you need then TRVs typically take a back seat and are virtually redundant aside from over heat control if you have rooms with high solar gain/incorrectly sized radiators.

If you wanted app control on your system it would be sensoCOMFORT (VRC720) VR92 remote control for second zone, VR71 wiring center and the myVAILLANT Connect internet gateway.

I personally think its a fantastic system, but a lot of money if your current setup is working ok,

Thanks for fast response, system works great, I just want some remote control on it. Mr gadget here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back