Vaillant SINE 18 Combi Boiler - drips from unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Villant SINE 18 combi boiler model VCW sine18

I have some history of the unit not firing backup after being drained. It seems to get air in the system so wont fire back up. Only way is the turn on the heating and open the screw on the pump to release air.Eventually all is fine.
Now, I have water dripping from a gold coloured connector on the bottom of the boiler.
I have been looking for a diagram showing parts of the boiler so I can go to a plum center to purchase the correct parts. Does anyone have access or know where I can gain access to a document shoing each part.
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
I think that I am correct in saying that all the vaillant specific parts under the boiler were plated with a silver colour.

I would therefore expect that its a generic plumbing connector.

In any case a "leaking connector"can usually be sorted out by removing it and cleaning and refitting it with new sealing wasjers.

These boilers seem to go on and on and I have never yet failed to find a spare part.

After draining down a CORGI should remove the combustion chamber and bleed air from the nipple on the right of the primary heat exchanger.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Is this gold coloured connector round with 4 pipes attached .. an possibly a fifth tiny pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back