Vaillant sine 18 T3WF H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Lost HW & CH night before Xmas eve. No joy getting a heating engineer out in Glasgow so started looking at Google and came to here via an excellent posting by Beavis (same combi - different problem).

OK, history - like a lot of postings, I inherited my Vaillant when I moved into the flat - but have no manual. Tried a couple of local plumbers at the time but no one I spoke with was familiar with older models, so no servicing apart from annual vacuuming out! As most folk seem to comment, the old Vaillants are good workhorses and I have had little to complain about apart from sometimes in the winter, I can't get HW till the radiators are hot.

Back to 23/12/05 - I happened to see the flames reduce and die out, leaving the pilot on OK. Ended up @ the GF's for Xmas, apart from brief forays to the "cold store".

I have tried Beavis's suggestions - the pump sounds like it is running, various switches change state and it all sounds like it should be starting up - but as they say "no big flames". The pilot light is stable. I pressed the overheat reset button, fitted a new diaphragm, tied pressing the green & red buttons repeatedly, bled the pump & heat exchanger (all as per various suggestions here and elsewhere.)

Radiator pressure is about 1.0 and does not rise significantly when hot.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

PS Happy New year.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back