Vaillant thermocompact vcw 254/3 is showing f22 & f28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.
this boiler has been working for at least 4 years now. we have only recently moved here so i have no idea whether it had problems before.

so at first, the boiler was showing f22 and the pressure was down below 1 bar. we used what looked like a filling tube (it was not a braided tube and we had to connect it to the boiler manually and it just gave normal water even when it was not connected to the boiler and the valve was opened). it worked fine for about 5 minutes but then it just turned off and showed f28. now, the pressure is still on 1.4 and it turns on every time i hit the relight button but then it just turns off and shows f28. what do you think could have caused f22 and f28 to show one after the other?

P.S it just turned itself off a couple of times before and would not turn on (not sure if that was also f22) but then it would turn back on after a while.

P.S.S we have been having a very could few days, (-5 degrees) do you thik that could have been the cause?

Sponsored Links
Bunny is this the boiler where the water pressure switch is wired in series with GV?

I think ur right wizard lookin on the google it looks like a Dutch turbomax, if the poster is still looking on here? It maybe the same as the uk turbo plus 824, if low pressure in the boiler it will throw up codes f22/28 .

Sponsored Links
certainly looks like that bunny and wiz, hard to say if it is definatly the one with the pressure sensor in series, but we 3 know that f.28 can be caused by that and also a problem with a low gas issue ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back