vaillant thermostat over riding hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hive, vaillant ecotec plus 832 and vaillant VTR350f.
My hive all seems ok. Hub 360, thermostat and receiver all have green lights etc.
With the stat on manual @25c it says boiler is on. Receiver has green also but no heat.
VTR350 on manual @25c boiler turns on. How do I over ride the VTR350f ?
I would prefer to retain it in case of issues with hive (until confident)
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it’s been left connected it’ll still search for the existing thermostat, especially if eBus type. How did you wire it up?

Doesn’t the hive and the Vaillant thermostats run on different voltages - Vaillant 24v and hive setup 240v ? I thought you had to remove the 24v link if using non-Vaillant contols.

From hive back plate. L N E to respective place on boiler
Hive 1 to L on boiler. Hive 3 to RT 230 on boiler.
Remove 24v RT link wire on boiler. ( this was still in situ with VRT350f )

If I remove the bus link wire will this disable the vr350f without damage?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Doesn’t the hive and the Vaillant thermostats run on different voltages - Vaillant 24v and hive setup 240v ? I thought you had to remove the 24v link if using non-Vaillant contols.
Yes, but Vaillant may use eBus, which is approx 5-7 VDC

From hive back plate. L N E to respective place on boiler
Hive 1 to L on boiler. Hive 3 to RT 230 on boiler.
Remove 24v RT link wire on boiler. ( this was still in situ with VRT350f )

If I remove the bus link wire will this disable the vr350f without damage?
Yes it should do. Is the VRT350 plugged into the front of the boiler, or a receiver?

The only way to stop the receiver for the 350f affecting the boiler is to disconnect the wiring (if external) or remove it from the front of the boiler if it's fitted there.
You cannot have two controls connected to the boiler at the same time.
Hopefully your installer left the blanking plate for the font of the boiler with you, if not they're available as a spare part.

Wannock s from what you say I must remove the entire panel. Simply removing the bus link wire won’t do it. Is that correct ?

Yes. The 350 receiver in the front panel is directly connected to the PCB. Removing the 24 volt link will not disconnect the receiver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back