Hive Multizone Self Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, a little desperate here and hoping someone might be able to help.
I have tried installing a hive multizone in my house, replacing a Honeywell CM907. There were three wires at the back of the CM907, a live, neutral and an earth (not used). The system worked fine no problems. I transfered those wires to the corresponding terminals on the Hive receiver, this time wiring the earth in, and though the light shows it has connected to the hub, when the thermostat calls for the heating to switch on despite it lighting the other green light on the receiver, the boiler does not fire.
Can anyone help me please?
Kind regards
Damian

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
From what I remember a hive reciever requires a permanent live and neutral supply to it, when heat is called for it operates a dry relay contact. The earth connection is there for convenience.
From what I gather your old honeywell timer/thermostat only has live and switch live?

On the plus side, it ought to be fairly easy to relocate the hive reciever close to the boiler and get it wired in correctly. This will involve disconnecting the defunct wiring, identifying a permanent L & N supply for the hive and identifying how to connect it to the boiler. Best to get a heating engineer to do this for you.

As above, you've connected the switch live from the CM907 to the Neutral in Hive, so it's not likely to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back