A Dreaded Hive Thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, a little desperate here and hoping someone might be able to help.
I have tried installing a hive multizone in my house, replacing a Honeywell CM907. There were three wires at the back of the CM907, I am assuming a live, neutral and an earth (not used). The system worked fine no problems. I transfered those wires to the corresponding terminals on the Hive receiver, this time wiring the earth in, and though the light shows it has connected to the hub, when the thermostat calls for the heating to switch on and doing so lighting the other green light on the receiver, the boiler does not fire.
Can anyone help me please?
Kind regards
Damian

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/hive-multizone-self-install.462651/#ixzz4E1RlIA7g

Sponsored Links
There are connected to the CM907 a blue wire going into the terminal indicating neutral and a brown going into the terminal indicating live and a green/yellow wire that hadnt been connected.

Its very common for the green/yellow to be used as a switched live to dont assume its an earth with no voltage on it, also the cm907 does not use a neutral just a live ans switched live.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
But the green/yellow wire wasn't connected to the CM907. It was just inside the stud wall.

Honeywell CM907 doesnt have a neutral you only have a live and a switched live just because the wire is blue does not mean it is neutral on a heating system

Ian, should the wires being a live and a switched live give indication to where they need to be connected on the Hive receivers backplate?

Ian please tell him he needs a neutral, he does not have a neutral at the old thermostat because it did not need one, the hive needs a neurtal to work, ie it wont work if there is no neutral present, please pass this on as he seems to be ignoring the fact that he needs a neutral.(y)

If I've got this right your trying to wire a hive receiver into the room stat wiring?
You shouldn't be wiring the hive into the room stat.
The receiver needs a perm live, neutral, a common and a switched live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back