Vaillant Turbo max 837E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I was having very luke warm water but heating was great. I was told that this may be a faulty Diverter valve as the valves stick after a while.
I removed the valve and checked the spindle, everything moving freely. Put it back in the boiler; now the hot water is great but no heating. I took of the microswitch and that is working fine.
I think I need to bite the bullet and replace the valve before my wife does a bobbit on me but wanted to check with you guys if I need to check anything else. Thanks in advance.
There is no fault code either.

Sponsored Links
You need to check that you have located the motor shaft correctly onto the end of the valve spindle (ball and socket). Do this 1st and post your findings.

There is no microswitch on a 837 to check???

There may be a DV problem, but there are many other things to look at before you change the valve.

Cheers

You need to check that you have located the motor shaft correctly onto the end of the valve spindle (ball and socket). Do this 1st and post your findings.

There is no microswitch on a 837 to check???

There may be a DV problem, but there are many other things to look at before you change the valve.

Cheers

hi Bunny, thanks for the reply.
Just went and had a quick look. The motor shaft is on correctly. i took it of and put it back on and made sure it sat flush before securing the brass fitting nut.
The 'spindle' coming out of the motor seems to be moving freely as It extends and retracts and i guess when it extends it closes or opens the valve.
Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
I took of the motor and moved the DV. Heating came on and had hot water. When It was fully extended just hot water and when pushed right in just heating.

Hello 831 this blokes just answered his own question Lol! The pin does not sit flush mate if u look at it u will c there is a ball on the end of the spindle in the valve this has to be hooked on the end of the pin that comes out the motor so it can pull it back an forth

Okay so you three have past the test. lol.
Your right, i never noticed that before. I've Just hooked it on and it seems to be working perfectly. You have no idea how much I appreciate your assistance. Very impressed and very grateful.
Thank you very very much. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back