Vaillant Turbomax 242E Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Vaillant Turbomax 242 E combi boiler (black panel with green knobs) that is not producing hot water all of the time. Central heating works ok but when you turn the hot tap on you get cold water. Occasionally water is luke warm on a temp basis and if you turn the boiler off and on again sometimes the problem fixes itself. However, this has been going on over the weekend and today there ios no hot water at all. IA spoke to a retired plumber friend who told me to look at the microswitch which I did. When you turn the hot water on, you can see the microswitch move and the the boiler starts to turn itself on and then off again continually but no hot water is produced. Pressure level has dropped too. Both dials are set to 6. I have been reading other posts which all seem to say diverter. Any ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
check the diaphram in the water section (bottom of diverter ) first ;)

part no 01-0365

and if it has a black plastic water section be carefull they have a habit of cracking at the water inlet :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back