vaillant turbomax 24e fan/pressure switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to a breakdown earlier today for no htg or hw. with the casing on the boiler would get to the fan running stage and then i would get fan flue light on, once casing is removed the boiler would fire up instantly ive replaced the air pressure switch but still geting the same problem. any ideas on this matter would be appreciated ive got a fan on order as i think this could be the cause of the problem

Sponsored Links
Why are you about to inflict a new fan on your customer when you've stated their existing one works?

Gas safety critical advice is taboo on the open forum, but try to think along the lines of what's being introduced to the combustion chamber when you open it for the boiler to work.

Are you gas safe registered mate? If so join the combustion chamber and we will be able to tell you what's wrong
If not then you shouldn't be touching it

A new fan may well solve the problem but it's not nessisary

thanks for the replies gents yes i am gas safe registered i thought this was going onto the combustion chamber section. i havnt used this site alot so dont quite know how to work it tidy yet. the reasn i stated the fan could be at fault is that it aint going to ignition stage as without overriding the air pressure switch any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again will try and post this on the gas chamber section

Sponsored Links
It won't go to ignition stage if the APS doesn't make. Have you checked your voltages or air tubes. You can't be helped if you keep convincing yourself to just replace parts.

PS. If you override the APS, the fan won't start anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back