Vaillant TurboMax 282E GAS VALVE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Vaillant TurboMax 282E boiler not firing....

I have installed a digital termostat, in which at first had problems as I later found that someone connected the live to neutral half way down the thermostat cable.... this would mean that the thermostat neutral terminal on the PCB may have been getting live current.
This caused a fuse to blow.... I replaced the fuse, I then fixed that wiring and themostat worked properly and hot water was fine. After 4 hours, the central heating nor hot water would not turn on.

First, the red flame led illuminates, I can heating ticks from the boiler..... then the red light goes , then 'egg timer' symbol lights up amber. See pic attached.

I have tried resetting this, manually igniting and still no joy.

Called a local gas engineer and he said it could be the PCB ( told him the story above) or Gas valve.

So I changed the PCB and still the same thing!

As for the gas valve, maybe the GAS VALVE MAGNETO needs replacing? or the whole part... as from above, seems like maybe the electric part of the gas valve maybe faulty...

Can this little part be easily removed, would cause gas leak or is an actuator directly connected to the gas pipe?

dqwdwqdwwqdqws-l1600.jpg

IMG_8074.JPG

Sponsored Links
Don’t start touching the gas valve as they need setting up with the correct test equipment, your fault may relate to the pump is it making the micro switch above it close .

E197B2EF-782E-4E57-872E-D9C57020A9D4.jpeg
Ok this is the micro switch, the white lever above seems up all the time. Is this normal.

Sponsored Links
So if I turn the hot water, while it tries to igniting, if I press that small button under the lever, it should do something... how can test this?

How do I check? Unscrew the silver screw to see if it’s spinning?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back