Vaillant turbomax combi boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys can anyone help.
I have a Vaillant turbomax combi boiler installed in 2002.
The other day I noticed a strong smell of burning rubber from the boiler cupboard area and also noticed blackish fumes coming from the flue outlet outside; the red lockout light was lit.
Tried resetting but water was dripping from the top casing area and would not fire up again.
called a Corgi fitter who replaced some O rings, a sensor thingy on the 22mm pipe on the left and the other side, replaced main PCB? board.;display with all the reset buttons etc bot still no joy firing up on hot water or heating. If I press the reset button it clicks a couple of times but no firing up. The code on display says 20o then F1. any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
first, I'm not a plumber, I'm a sparky that happens to have a turbomax and a copy of the manual.

second, you don't say what model of turbomax, but the manual I have covers a few so might be relevent..

20o is the temp...
the F1, is that F01? that's a fault code that means "return NTC" ( whatever and NTC is?.. means that it or the wires it's connected to or the bit on th PCB that deals with it are broken..

Thanks for reply coljack,
The boiler is a turbomax plus 828E.
The display very briefly flashes 20 degrees the goes to F1; a few groans and some clicks but then nothingIf I hold the reset button I get the red, yellow and green lights come up.
I have the Ch thermostat on as well so not firing on demanf for CH either or when I run hot tap.

Sponsored Links
I thought it was.. Negative Temperature Coefficient sensor..

and that's the same model as mine....

I can e-mail you the manual if you don't have one.. PM me..

Thank coljack that would be good E-mail is [email protected].
The engineer is coming back monday morn to have another go, (he told me to leave thermostat up and press the reset button every hour or so to see if it fires. I, started to pong a bit after a week without showering or any hot water and we have 4 female students with us for two weeks too.

on it's way.. feel free to remove your e-mail address before the mods do ( they don't like us talking to each other except on here.. ;) ).

lucky git with the female students.. unless they are the "too young" kind and not college students..

Thank coljack that would be good E-mail is [email protected].
The engineer is coming back monday morn to have another go, (he told me to leave thermostat up and press the reset button every hour or so to see if it fires. I, started to pong a bit after a week without showering or any hot water and we have 4 female students with us for two weeks too.

did u get the boiler fixed if so what part was needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back