Vaillant Turbomax Plus 824e - No CH or HW

Thanks for your opinions. I've been reading about it further and it looks like it'll be a full days worth of work, and I guess the professionals will know exactly how much of which chemical to use etc.

So I guess what I need to decide is should get BG to do it or should I try to find someone local? From what Andygasman2010 said, I'm tempted to go for BG. Also, since BG have said we need the powerflush, would they also clean out parts in the boiler that have become blocked?

Sponsored Links
Unless the flush is done via the pump head within the boiler, not all of the boiler internals will get fully flushed out. This is why I like to add some chemicals a week or two before flushing a combi as I don't always use a pump head adaptor.

Your system/boiler sounds pretty bad so it might be a good idea for you to do this anyway, it can't do any harm and you'll probably find some improvement too. Something like X800 is pretty good, some of the other guys on here might know of some better chemicals....

BG will do a flush however they see fit wether it means changing parts or not. But once you've paid that £670, if things are still not right they'll cover it regardless. For that price I would imagine you'd get a magnaclean as well?

We just cleaned out the main exchanger and an unbelievable amount of rubbish came out of it; it was coming out in lumps the size of small peas. We now have HW and CH :D To fill the system the other day was taking about 25 mins, now it takes about 2 minutes; that part was completely blocked.

Now that the CH is working, the Fernox F3 I put in there the other day can start working :) Hopefully I've just saved myself £670!

Sponsored Links
Fernox F3 is pretty mild.

You will do much better with Sentinel X800 for about four hours on heating with just a little HW every 15 min.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back