Vaillant TurboMax plus boiler - HW fine, CH intermittent

I am a little confused by the alleged age of the boiler and the fact that a diverter valve "pin" is being mentioned.

If the boiler is really only 2-3 years old, it will be an 824/828 with a turbine DHW flow sensor and a diverter valve operated by a stepper motor ( Pt No 252457 as I happen to have a stock item beside me ).

Even the earlier model, 4-8 years ago, had a microswitch operated by a plastic lever but no "pin".

I wonder if its really a flow switch "pin" ? But again the later 824/828 model does not have that becauses it senses flow from the temperature differential of the flow and return sensors on the primary heat exchanger.

Perhaps Mildrews Mate should enlighten us? What was he doing in london anyway? We did not have a curry evening today!

Tony

PS I write for a general audience of mostly people working in the heating industry, not just for a single individual ( although sometimes I do but this depending on whether the subject has a wider interest and is likely to be of educational interest ).

Sponsored Links
No doubt I will have misquoted MM here. Apologies again. Let's wait for an explanation from him.

However, it is indeed a turbomax plus 824E.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back