Vaillant HW ok, no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Vaillant Turbomax Plus provides HW when tap turned on, but does not provide CH when external control demands. The status on display reads S.30 which is ‘no heating demand’ despite thermostat showing demand.

The heating did come on for about 30mins, then switched itself off.

I’ve heard diverter valves common fault on this model.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daljit

Sponsored Links
If your boiler is showing s30 then its not recognising the demand from the thermostat, what kind of thermostat do you have ?

Danfoss TP5. The flat has just been re-wired. Possible that the hard wire to thermostat has been cut / damaged?! Unfortunately I don’t have anything to test if mains supply reaching the thermostat.

IS it possible to bypass thermostat on this boiler? Just desperate for some heating in the flat!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the wiring has been cut or damaged you would have to link out the controls in the boiler, I wont tell you how to do it but google should help no end.

Great, thank you. Link fitted, boiler working. Also now know what the fault is!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back