Vaillant Turbomax Pro 828E Cuts Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks in advance for any replies ;)

I have a Vaillant Turbomax Pro 828E. The problem thats started is........ on turning on the hot taps/shower, the hot water will flow for various lengths of time, sometimes for a minute, somtimes longer, but then cuts out and runs cold. This is a pain when taking showers, as the reset button on the boiler has to be pressed to get hot water again, if any of the family are using the shower, one of us has to man the boiler to press the reset button, sometimes once, sometimes half a dozen times during a 5 minute shower.
The heating works fine, the problem is just with hot running water.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What code is displayed when it has locked out?

When was it last serviced? It could be the minimum burner pressure has drifted too low, or the rectification electrode needs adjusting to be more in the flame.

Could also be the plate HE scaled/sludged up and needs cleaning.

Sponsored Links
The turbine sticking would not cause it to lock out.

Without doing some tests on it we cannot tell you what the problem is but it seems to be a combustion detection issue which would need a competent gas registered engineer.

Tony

Thanks for your replies ;) looks like I need to track down an engineer then. :(

Could anyone tell me how much I roughly need to be paying an engineer to look at/diagnose the problem before any repairs ? Thanks.

Could anyone tell me how much I roughly need to be paying an engineer to look at/diagnose the problem before any repairs ? Thanks.
Diagnosing the fault accurately with this kind of problem is the "hard" part, hence it will cost you at least a full call out charge for a breakdown engineer just to tell you how much it is.

Its normal to call someone to diagnose and fix the problem.

In our local area we charge a fixed diagnostic fee of £84 and that would usually cover straightforward repairs but obviously parts are extra.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back