Vaillant TURBOmax VUW 242 - Multiple problems!

Whitespirit u have said that before about expansion vessels , an I'm afraid it's ****! Vaillants often expel water from the shraeder valve if the vessels are flat, the tanks leak around the seam internally ,when repressured they usually reseal into the seam

I don't doubt that, and I realise that you have vast experience of these boilers. After you pointed out the situation on the previous occasion, I had already changed the EV.

However, I still had the old one on the scrap pile. I tried to put some air into it, and pressure couldn't be maintained. I cut the EV open, and the diaphragm was holed.

Is this a rarity? Do I try to repressurise all of these EVs if water is emitted, and risk call-backs?

Sponsored Links
If you learnt how to test these in situ then you would not have a problem.

Following the correct procedure for repressurising the EXV will automatically identify all problems!

Sorry the FAQ description is not as good as it could be! I would be prepared to rewrite it if anybody asked me to.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back