Vaillant Turbomax vuw 242e - help to confirm fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Enough nag nag nag - time to fix the HW.

Replaced the diaphragm and microswitch about 18 months back, its been generally ok but for the last few months its not been firing properly on the HW - seems worse on the shower, which is the furthest point from the boiler, and the cause of most of the shouting! :rolleyes:

Turn on the HW tap, either get nothing at all or everything kicks in (burners light, pump runs) then shuts of suddenly, or it works as it should. On the first 2, if keep the tap running and push & hold the microswitch down then everything works as it should, 99% of the time it stays lit once released.

From reading on here im pretty sure its the diverter valve unit, more specifically the white plastic arm on its way out - best to replace the whole unit rather than rebuild?

The only other odd fault is quite often if i've been running the HW, and go to switch the CH on, the light comes on but nothing happens. I have to re-run the HW tap, then as i shut that off, the switch unit to the left of the pump rises, the pump starts up and everything works as it should, any relation to the above fault?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I wouldnt DIY boiler repairs - get a profesional in.

Which one, Bodie or Doyle?

I never said i would DIY it, i just hoped someone someone could confirm what i think is wrong, i dont have any trusted Gas Safe / Boiler Engineer contacts to call upon, the last thing i need is to be ripped off (again)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back