vaillant unistor ntc must be illegal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fitted one today with vr65 control center unistor instructions say to use the vr10 ntc the cylinder stat and thermal cutout must be removed. this cant be correct as it will no longer comply with G3 regs as there is no cutout to shut 2 port valve or am i missing something ?

Sponsored Links
MIs overall regs. and yeh does seem a bit odd but what they say goes!

The "logic" is that the boiler becomes the control center for the unvented and the boiler has its own o/h stat.

If you can leave a cylinder's o/h stat in place and wire to the MV then thats perhaps a better idea.

The cylinder is designed to work solely with their own boilers!

Tony

Sponsored Links
When I use the term o/h stat I include the use of sensors within the boiler to perform a protection against overheating, not necessarily a specific thermal switch.

If the cylinder instructions tell you to remove an o/h stat then I dont see how it could have got approval EXCEPT if thats only the case when its used with Vaillant boilers as they seem to think they are adequately protected. I dont necessarily agree though. Suppose the gas valve sticks on?

Tony

Vaillant put uniSTOR through the approvals process using the VR65 and the NTC, this version was a year late on the market due to all the rigmarole.

Some other German manufacturers have also obtained approvals in the UK for similar systems.

The boiler incorporates failsafes which are at least as reliable as the thermostat in a conventional unvented.

When you use uniSTOR with VR10 you take out the mechanical stat. You can only use VR10 with a Vaillant ecoTEC.

We do however use VR10 with vented cylinders and get them fitted with a dry pocket, it allows the Vaillant system solution to work with older systems .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back