Vaillant VCW 18 Sine Combi Bolier, stopped firing up.

At the very least it's a front switch pcb and a leaking PD valve (black plastic valve on gas valve). Repairable, but there could be other problems. Cost if just those of around £220 fitted, certainly more this time of year.

You just need to find the right person to sort it. Otherwise a new Vaillant ecotec pro 24 is your cheapest Vaillant option. Glow Worm also do a version which is slightly cheaper still. The fitting cost always remains similar whatever boiler.

Hope you get it sorted.

Sponsored Links
Hi there, how old is your boiler buddy, cos if the parts are still available then a manufacturers visit or bg visit would be the best option if you don't want the xpense of a new boiler yet, but, if the boilers 15+ years then although vaillant is a good quality boiler perhaps a new one maybe the right option, cos the trend of breaking down may continue due to the age.
all be it tho, we have vaillants round my way 20+ years and still chugging away!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Barny, these models abe now about 25 years old.

Neither Vaillant nor BG will take them on ( unless aready on cover ).

Its down to the few independants who will still repair them. I do but from what I hear few others will now. They prefer to replace the boiler.

Tony Glazier

My Vaillant vcw-sine T3 stopped firing yesterday.
Reading the posts on the forum I switched off the pilot light using the red button. However, unable to light it up now by pressing green button and turning the spark generator.

Any advice is much appreciated. I see a lot of owners for this boiler have had this issue. Hopefully I can find someone who knows this issue and can therefore fix the issue quickly.

Posted job on mybuilder but so far it doesn't seen they know, don't want someone wasting time by trying.

Is it a good time to choose a new boiler (heat only)?

Regards,
Adi

Its likely to be a fairly simple problem to solve without very expensive parts ( if any ).

I dont see any reason why you sould want to turn off the pilot light ! What nupty advised you to do that?

But you need someone who is prepared to repair these. I am but most just want to fit a new boiler as thats a more valuable job for them!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back