vaillant vuw gb 242 1e pressure keeps going up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im not very good at these things but am willing to give it a go. i have an issue with my vaillant boiler as the overflow is leaking at the side of my house and when i have looked the pressure gauge is just over the 3 bar which is obviously to high. I have no idea how to try and relieve this pressure i was told to try and empty some water out of the system through the radiators so i tried this but the pressure drops to 0 but when i turn my boiler back on it slowly rises to just above 3 again. ive looked in the manual but have no idea where the pressure relief valve is and the valve that builds up the pressure is closed. As i said im not great with this type of thing but any advice would be great as i really need my overflow to stop leaking at the side of my house.
any suggests grateful
thanks

model of my boiler is vaillant turbomax vuw gb 242/ 1e, 282/1E hope that helps in anyway

add some pictures too

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 247
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 696
Sponsored Links
Fill loop valves are bypassing, disconnect loop to check,

Last edited:
ok fix the problem, was able to find the youtube video on the problem. here the video i watched if anyone else has same issue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back