Vaillant - Water too hot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just replaced a seized diverter cartridge in a pals 2y old Ecotec plus 831 R2 combi, that's all ok now, however his wife mentioned that the tap water temp. was very hot, it was set at 55 which should have been ok, but I reset it to 50 and saved it. When the hot tap is opened the water temp and the display goes up to around 68-70 in around 30 seconds and you can't hold your hand in the flow. Comfort 'C' is on, there are no codes and the sensor is in good contact with the heat exchanger. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Theweeknd. Thanks for being the first reply. I haven't tested the NTC value yet, but opens and shorts would throw a code, and the indicated temperature is in line with what the water feels like so I expect that it's ok. I'm wondering if the DV motor has failed after the noise it was making trying to move the seized spindle, it may be stuck half open like a mid position valve and the HW is trying to reach the 70C CH temperature? I didn't have my glasses yesterday so found it difficult to see if the motor shaft was extending. May go back later today or tomorrow to check.

Are you GSR? If yes I suggest asking in CC to discuss work on a gas appliance which involves opening a case that forms part of the room seal.

Sponsored Links
IF it is two years old it is still under warranty, they came with a 5 year warranty as standard, not so sure it will be 2 years old though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back