vaillant hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys any ideas on a vaillant ecomax 800 series combi water demand gets satisfied for about 20 seconds then gas valve modulates down to reduce temp as thermastat shows on display water at set temp though it isnt have changed the domestic hot sensor no good and no fault codes as therm thinks its at temp . as usual cant get through to vaillant tech help and service manual is useless unless you have a code displayed

Sponsored Links
yea flow rate is fine and the boiler was great a week ago . dont think its the plate he as the water is hot at first to shown temp on display but gas valve modulates down when water reaches temp but the display stays at say 60 degrees even when water cools and the gas valve should be modulating back up and have changed the ntc sensor

Sponsored Links
Yet again we see you trying to apply your own "logic" to the situation and dismissing what professionals are telling you because you think that you, even with little experience of boilers, can know better whats wrong than the professionals.

I know that you imagine that we are all "ignorant plumbers" who left school at 14 because we are all thick and its just not possible for us to know better than you whats wrong !

Perhaps when you have cleaned or replaced the heat exchanger you will realise that we were right? ( And that you were wrong! )

As you have not mentioned any other symptoms, we have not considered the only other possible cause of your problem.

Ages ago you said that you were CORGI registered and had applied to post in the Combustion Chamber but I have not seen any of your posts there. I am beginning to wonder if you are really registered after all!

Tony

steady now steady ..calm down lad calm down . believe it or not i am corgi but not very experienced obviously .and when someone gives an opinion theres no point just saying der ok i want to understand the complete logic behind it or it wont make sense and i will learn nothing .
vaillant actually got back to me and yes yes yes he said plate he and that ntc 1 shows the temp for dhw and ch however in my defence he couldnt explain what ntc3 sensor on the dhw pipe from plate he is for it seems redundant so why is it there thats what threw me .and he is from vaillant tech help line .
now put the claws away meeeeoooow

Ntc 3 (DHW) measures the hot water on the outlet pipe of the Plate heat ex. It is used to ensure accurate temperature control of the dhw by modulation in conjunction with the F&R Ntcs. It is also used as a reference for the pre-heat or warmstart function.

If the plate heat ex is blocked or scaled, then temperature transfer is poor, hence the modulation by the flow temperature. Also check the filter in the brass housing on the main flow pipe is not blocked.

The temperature at the Dhw Ntc can be read by looking at D.3.

Hope that helps

Bunny

vaillant actually got back to me and yes yes yes he said plate he and that ntc 1 shows the temp for dhw and ch however in my defence he couldnt explain what ntc3 sensor on the dhw pipe from plate he is for it seems redundant so why is it there thats what threw me .and he is from vaillant tech help line .

Be aware that tech help lines are usually answered by people who do not repair boilers in peoples homes. They mostly just read the manuals!

They are "trained" in a few days to recognise a few basic faults like failed sensors and blocked plates. Why would an experienced CORGI do a £15k job on a help line when they could earn double even with British Gas. Its not surprising that he was unable to answer your question about NTC3. Their training is only very basic.

Hopefully Bunny has explained this nicely.

No claws here, just surprise that we dont see you in the Combustion Chamber where these questions are better answered as we can also give you full answers to gas related problems and you can read about planned RGI meets!

Tony

nice one guys i need all the help i can get at the mo will give it a go .hey that rhyms
and will deffinately use combustion chamber from now on cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back