Vaillant turbomax Boiler c.heat ok but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my vaillant boiler is working okay it seems, the temp goes up when i turn on the hot water but it isnt actually the heat that it is saying it is. There are no F codes but ive had s36, s10, s27 and s14 Please help xxx

Sponsored Links
I just switched it all off for 3 seconds and then back on again, and it seems to be heating up, but bit scared to turn the tap any faster incase i lose it again. Any ideas? x Thanks so much anyone x

Thanx for replying, well its been here since we moved here just over 4 yrs now and I think its the 824/2E or 828/2e model (thats what it says on the booklet!)
Last year we had to replace a small part i cant remember what its called but there were two of them one on each side and the flame wouldnt light it kept trying to, one of these parts was completely rotten

Sponsored Links
Is the thermostat turned to max; on boiler front :?:

If when you are running the hotwater,does the heating pipes get hot under the boiler :?:

if so its the D/V

I didnt have it on full at the time I had halfway as usual, since ive turned the boiler off at the mains it seems to be working now! :confused: If it is the d/v (diverter valve i presume) would it play up a bit before packing up/needing replacing? or is it seeming to be something else? Thanks again

oh and one of the pipes got hot while the water was running just now when i tried it after reading your post. the guage thing with the green bar in was on just over 1 in the green bit now its gone under does that mean owt? x

Keep the hotwater thermostat on max;what does the temp show on teh display :?:

the central heating pipes under the boiler are the 22mm pipes at the far left and far right hand side of the boiler

No the gauge seems to be working ok

It was at 58 before i turned the tap on and then ive just run the hot water for a min and it got up to 72 both water and pipe got to about the same equal temp.

I think it is ok now, really odd, but just wondering if its a sign of something that needs replacing? Soon? What do you think? Thank you ever so much for replying x Really is appreciated x

No unless it,s broke don,t fix it

A service may be wot,s needed

glad I could help

You may have the original diverter valve which have a habit of sticking, causing intermittent faults with hw and ch performance. If you drop the front panel down with the 2 quarter turn pastic lugs and pulling the front forward you will see the diverter valve on the left hand side. It has 4 small holes around its shaft. If the holes are aprx 3-4mm then it is the old valve and almost certainly your problem.

Oh right, Il get my husband to have a look on Saturday then , and post what we found, may help someone else out. Thank you for your help xxxx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back