Vaillent Boiler VCW T3W - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a combi vaillent Boiler VCW T3W. When the central heating is off I get hot water downstairs but none upstairs.

When the central heating is on I get hot water upstairs but none downstairs.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot :confused:

Sponsored Links
That does not sound possible as the boiler does not know where its supplying water to!

Its not the 1st of April is it?

Why not call a competent engineer and tell us what the problem was?

Tony

No its not the 1st April but its driving me mad.

We moved in a year ago and have been using the immerson heater to get hot water upstairs, however just discovered that we do have hot water upstairs when the central heating in on.

However with that finding came the one where we do not get hot water from the taps downstairs when the central heating is on but its ok when the heating is off.

Will call an engineer and update.

Sponsored Links
You must have 2 circuits for HW to be using immersion heater as your boiler is a combi . Sounds like you have 2 seperate faults

Right, now we have an idea of your system!

Your boiler is not responding to a demand for DHW to the downstairs so the flow diaphragm may be damaged.

The upstairs water is evidently supplied from a cylinder and the motor valve supplying this is apparently failed.

I wonder what you are going to do now? I have to say that as you seem to have little appreciation of how your system worked I doubt that you will have much chance of fixing these two faults!

Better to call a competent heating engineer!

Tony

Thanks for your advice.

I do not need to use the immersion to get hot water upstairs, as long as the heating is on I get hot water upstairs. When the heating is off I don't.

Will get an engineer to look at it.

K

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back