Vailliant Combi Boiler bugging me

Sponsored Links
right.. before I answer your questions guys.... I left the boiler of for a bit... ate my tea.. went back to it and it fired.. turned it on and it fired up...

so... with the CH on.. i turned the hot tap on... got hot water.... turned it off.. burners went out..as did the green and yellow lights on the fascia.... pushed the servo arm down and held it down and voila... the CH reignited... looking closely at the servo it is utterly caked it this white powdery corrosion. Is it a case of giving it a good WD40 to loosen it or is it a new servo needed?

Yea possibly. It just needs to go to rest position under it's own force. Remove it, strip/clean etc and see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
i'll give that a try is it a major job to get it off ..?

again... if your able to explain a process it'd be brilliant..

should the cleaning it fail... where would you recommend acquiring a new one?

Thanks

Dougie

Servo valve courtesy of google.

http://hampshireheatingcomponents.c...46-Vaillant-Servo-Valve-[012646].html?pse=coa

The component that pushes the servo valve up is called the water section. It's possible that this is holding up the servo valve so it'll need checking.

http://www.heatingsparescentre.co.u...-superseeds-011235&utm_campaign=froogle#22727

If you're a confident diy'er it's a fairly straight forward process, just have a go. It's too much to go through step by step on here. Good luck.

Don't use wd40. It's a mineral oil and will swell the seals and wreck them..
Good thing is, you've found you fault. You're now gonna need an engineer to fit you a ne water valve and servo valve. The unit may take a little setting up in order to make it work properly.
Get an engineer that knows these boilers well. There are a few good ones on this site, and get them to give the Boiler a good going over. It'll be well worth it's money.

Better still... Do as MrV suggests and get someone in. It could save you a lot of headaches. Specify the boiler you have and what needs doing, some engineers don't like these and therefore don't know much about them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back