Vailliant Ecomax 828E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My vailliant combi boiler has developed a pressure fault. I have noticed the pressure guage when boiler is cold is over 3.5 bar. It should be 1.5 bar and should go up slightly when heats up and should get back to 1.5 bar.

The boiler is working ok but this problem is worrying me. What is causing the pressure build up. I have searched this forum for the possible cause. Some say filling loop may be passing, some say expansion vessel could be faulty. I have checked the filling loop the valve shuts firmly. I would appreciate positive feedback. Thanks in advance.

Basecoat

Sponsored Links
Hi All

My vailliant combi boiler has developed a pressure fault. I have noticed the pressure guage when boiler is cold is over 3.5 bar. It should be 1.5 bar and should go up slightly when heats up and should get back to 1.5 bar.

The boiler is working ok but this problem is worrying me. What is causing the pressure build up. I have searched this forum for the possible cause. Some say filling loop may be passing, some say expansion vessel could be faulty. I have checked the filling loop the valve shuts firmly. I would appreciate positive feedback. Thanks in advance.

Basecoat

Hi All

Thanks for your response Buck51. Last night I had to bleed 5 upstairs radiaters. 2 weren't heating at all and 3 three were part heating. This indicates air getting into system. Where from though. Come on you experts. You helped me before please help me again. I and my young family can get by with part elec heating but I have 84 old mother needs to be kept warm.

She came home last wednesday after 6 days in hospital after a mini stroke. can Agile and his collegues please kindly assist. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Both things are correct check the filling loop and make sure it is not passing

Then if the pressure goes up nest thing to check is the expansion vessel and in the very occasion the DHW Plate heat exchanger may be passing but this rare

For the sake of your 84 year old mother chop chop do the basics then come back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back