Vailllant VCW242 EH Water section seized Water temp scalding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vcw 242 eh in my new house, the water section has seized with what must be water temperature at full (scalding hot after 1 min). I have children in the house and I am worried someone will get hurt is there any way to un seize it and reduce the temperature ? Also any ideas on where I can get a service manual PDF over the net vaillant website no help.

Sponsored Links
Even with the knob seized (prob been seized fo years as nobody uses them) the water should not get scalding it is probably the ntc resistor gone which is in effect the boiler stat.

Sponsored Links
Hello again
I changed the water section for a new one and every thing worked good as new for around a couple of months, DHW water temp was adjustable to lower temp with the new water section, then someone changed the kitchen tap when doing the kitchen for me and adjusted the water temp level ( I don't know why). Arrrgg now the hot water will not get hot its more a luke warm. The hot water also takes ages to reach the tap longer then before he changed the tap. It starts warm cools down the takes ages to flow hot from the tap. I have looked at the boiler and the burner lights when DHW is turned on.
Could this be anything to do with the adjustment of the DHW microswitch I did not adjust it when the water section was replaced. Would a greater distance between the push rod and cam cause any problem heat level problems?

Could it be the pressure in the system (currently at 1 bar and not dropping) Or Could be be the mains pressure to the boiler ?

Also on this thread when I had a water overheat problem I heard namsag say probably "ntc resistor has gone which is in effect the boiler stat" I have noticed the temp dial has dropped and not moved. However the water temp did adjust from scalding hot to hot before with the temp dial frozen like this?

Thanks for any help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back