Valiant ecotec 418 overshooting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
My boiler often overshoots the target temperature, many times, when first firing up. It shuts the boiler down if the flow temperature exceeds the target temperature by 3oC, although valiant tell me it should be 5oC (any reason why this should be so ? & can it be fixed ?) I wonder if I changed the Heating curve settings a little, this may reduce this ‘ overshooting’ and prevent too much boiler cycling....
D8AA6BAB-9738-43BA-BBB1-C149CD9FF354.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Heating curve usually refers to weather compensation. It sounds like you have poor circulation, an oversized boiler, or both.

Ok, so are there any boiler settings to reduce the over firing at start up ? It modulated ok once stable....also what can I do about the cut out when flow temperature is 3oC above target, even Vaillant say should be 5oC....
Circulation is fine.....just installed a new DAB 3 evosta pump & its pumping very well, the boiler is 18KW which is sized correct for my 12 rad detached house.

Sponsored Links
Would really appreciate it if Alex, or someone else with a good working knowledge of Vailant boilers could assist me thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back