Valiant Ecotec plus 831 R1 pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I need to replace the pump on my
Vailant Ecotec plus 831 R1 boiler. Can anyone recommend where I can get one? I'm based in London. Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Any spares merchant will sell you one. It's not a DIY job though, as it involves removing the front cover of the boiler, and that forms the safety room seal. Only Gas Safe Registered Engineers should be going in there.

Any spares merchant will sell you one. It's not a DIY job though, as it involves removing the front cover of the boiler, and that forms the safety room seal. Only Gas Safe Registered Engineers should be going in there.
Yes of course, not intending to replace it myself, just get the part and get my boiler engineer to replace it for me.

Would you replaceadvise to replace faulty pump with a new one £120 or reconditioned pump £95?

Last edited:
Always new, and it's better to let your repairer get it, that way if it turns out to be the wrong part it's their fault, not yours!

Sponsored Links
As Andrew has said, it best to get your engineer to obtain part, if we state where to purchase or anything, yes we take your word for it you’ll not fit it, but it’s an open public forum, anyone can then use the information provided.

Pump changed and the boiler works a treat, the system engine sound effect produced by the old pump is no more.

May I ask what key I would need to isolate the rads from the bottom of the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back