Valiant ecotec pro28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

Have issues with my boiler in that central heating won’t work despite the thermostat temperature being increased.

All the lights on the sender and receiver work but the boiler doesn’t seem to work. Hot water works fine or when I press the + and - buttons on the boiler and the hat/ladder sign is displayed then central heating kicks in.

I suspect the sender is working fine but the receiver isn’t sending the signal to the boiler

See picture for details

Attachments

• 27A858C0-58D9-45D8-873D-BCF1F3A8864A.jpeg
    27A858C0-58D9-45D8-873D-BCF1F3A8864A.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2,761
  • EFE1628E-03D0-4F4C-A5CE-4107D0FF2D34.jpeg
    EFE1628E-03D0-4F4C-A5CE-4107D0FF2D34.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 457
  • 8C7FF84A-F309-413F-95BE-8F6D4CC24000.jpeg
    8C7FF84A-F309-413F-95BE-8F6D4CC24000.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 364
Sponsored Links
Is there a radiator symbol on the boiler display when the stat is calling for heat? It's likely the reciever is not sending power back to the boiler, you can check s codes to confirm or use a multimeter on reciever

Is there a radiator symbol on the boiler display when the stat is calling for heat? It's likely the reciever is not sending power back to the boiler, you can check s codes to confirm or use a multimeter on reciever
Yep - you can hear the boiler doing something and then it goes all quite and no central heating

Sponsored Links
The hat/ladder sign as you call it is chimney sweep mode and is for use by an engineer when working on the boiler, not advisable that you press it as it overides the boilers thermistors and the radiators will get very hot, it sounds like your salus receiver is faulty they are not the most reliable

The hat/ladder sign as you call it is chimney sweep mode and is for use by an engineer when working on the boiler, not advisable that you press it as it overides the boilers thermistors and the radiators will get very hot, it sounds like your salus receiver is faulty they are not the most reliable

Many thanks for the reply - will replace the unit and see if it corrects the problem

Which wires would need connecting where?

The receiver will have Live neutral and Earth, leave those alone and connect the NO and COM wire together if it is the same as the picture, if not, I need the model number. You should be able to get both wires in one connector for the test
.WARNING! Turn off the mains to it first before working on it.

Attachments

• salus.jpg
    salus.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 250

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back