Valiant F54/F28 error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Valiant 831 EcoTec Plus fitted by previous owner in 2013.

This winter we've sporadically had no heating/hot water with F28 and F54 errors both being displayed. This has always been first thing in the morning and generally when temperature have dropped.

We've had a heating engineer out who defaulted to replacing the ignition and he thought it had fixed it but the error has turned now the mornings are colder again.

Often it will fire up by manually pressing the ignition or off and on again but not always, this morning being one of those.

Any wisdom at all? Happy to get the engineer back out but obviously don't want to keep rinsing money on possibles.

I've read potentially gas valve and PCB. To my untrained brain, PCB seems unlikely if mainly an issue in the cold but welcome your thoughts.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need a different engineer who knows Vaillant boilers. You have had the ignition lead or electrode replaced unnecessarily.

You need a different engineer who knows Vaillant boilers. You have had the ignition lead or electrode replaced unnecessarily.
Yeah agreed. Unfortunately I half suspected that but didn't want to be 'that guy' relying on Google to someone in the trade. Will find someone else going forward!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Yeah agreed. Unfortunately I half suspected that but didn't want to be 'that guy' relying on Google to someone in the trade. Will find someone else going forward!
You could opt for a Vaillant fixed price repair, that’s in the region of £420. Depends on how much an engineer can get a part for (approx £240 online) and labour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back