valley

Thanks for that nige, I was going to post a link myself. I thought I had a shot or two somewhere of my own but couldn't find one last night.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for the info, much appreciated at least I know if the next guy will try and rip me off now.

One final question though, as you can see if you enlarge the last three pictures I posted, the outer skin is much lower than the inner skin and I think when it leaks thats how its getting in.

Should the outer skin be built up and the new valley installed below it?

By "inner and outer skin" do you mean the blockwork the gutter is sitting on?
If so then no there's no need for these to be on the same level, it has no bearing on the water tightness of the roof.
Looking at those last three pictures it seems to me that in leaving next doors roof and plastic gutter in place there's no way your builder could have taken the lead high enough on that side to form an adequate watertight joint.

Hi ladylola,

Yes by the skin I meant the outer blockwork (wall).

Yes you are also right about that, the lead just curls up underneath their gutter about a cm or 2 against the pvc. it does not go up any further or under thier tiles.

No wonder I'm having problems, and the reason why next door is dry.

Can't beleive I employed these cowboys now and the building regs signed it off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back