Valliance Turbomax Timer Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Valliance Turbomax vuw gb 242/2-5. All working beautifully apart from the timer. The clock is turning ok but not switching either on or off. Status/Error code is S.7
Can anyone help with diagnostics? Is there an easy fix or will we need to replace timer?

I've scrolled through loads of forums but can't find a solution.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_8651.jpg
    IMG_8651.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
S7 (if the same as EcoTEC) is pump overrun. What thermostat do you have? Is the clock part of the boiler?

yes part of boiler, I've attached photo, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8652.jpg
    IMG_8652.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Try pushing all pins in and setting on the timer, see if that works. Also the radiator temperature seems lower than I’d expect for this time of year. Try turning this up before pushing the pins in.

Sponsored Links
Ok, so I did that, turned temp right up, all pins in, then I cycled the clock round 24hrs (not sure if meant to!) and then tested the timer to see if would switch off and no joy unfortunately.
The temp reading has never seemed right to me since we moved in, do you think that could have anything to do with the timer issue or totally separate issue? Thanks

Set timer to off (the moon symbol) and then press the I button, and what is the status code?

Turn the room thermostat down to lowest setting and press I button

• Thanks
Chris I was suspecting the control knob shaft has snapped in the winter position, they are very flimsy
I know they’re prone to breaking on the Ecotec pro’s ;) however, when the room stat is on lowest, I'm sure it should still show s.30, though could be wrong.

I know they’re prone to breaking on the Ecotec pro’s ;) however, when the room stat is on lowest, I'm sure it should still show s.30, though could be wrong.
S.31 No heat demand boiler in summer operating mode

• Thanks
hi, the boiler remained on and is now showing as S.7 again. Thanks for the link to the timer, may give that a try. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back