Valliant Eco-TEC plus & Factory Reset question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm a complete novis when it comes to boilers... however I have a Valliant EcoTEC plus 615 boiler, with a cylinder and VCR 470 thermostat installed in the new-build house we moved into around 6 months ago. I’ve noticed that the digital readout of water pressure on the Eco-Tec and the pressure guage on the cylinder seem to be different (1.3-1.6 EcoTEC, 0.8-1.0 cylinder) and I’m pretty sure this is a fault? (but am in no way an expert!)

I’m also quite worried about it as I think I might have caused it… A couple of weeks ago, we were literally about to go abroad on holiday (we’re talking within the hour here) when we had no hot-water. There was no error message. This had happened once or twice in the past but always been rectified by simply switching off the eco-tec and switching it back on again. No luck this time. I paniced slightly as there was no time obviously to call Valliant or an engineer.

When this had happened in the past, I’d spoken to one of the guys on the building site and he’d heard from a plumber that a way to fix it was to do a factory reset. I tried looking for any other thing that could fix it on the thermostat but couldn’t spot anything… so I thought I’d just give the factory reset a go.

I realised as soon as I’d hit the button that this was an incredibly stupid thing to have done, as the language options came up and there was no back button. Again, I was on a severe time limit so couldn’t call anyone. I just pressed okay on all the default settings and hoped for the best! (In the manual it said that it wouldn’t let you do anything too installer-like due to needing a code, but this never came up, so I assumed I couldn’t be doing anything too serious).

Once it had reset, the boiler churned back into life and low and behold, we had hot water. So I assumed it had all worked okay – the only thing I noticed was that we now have the option for heating2 (We only had 1 before), so I’m unsure if that’s going to mess things up when we do need the heating on… I believe it could be for underfloor heating, which we certainly dont have! I'm tempted to do another restore and this time remove heating2, but dont want to mess things up further.

But now I’ve spotted this problem with the water pressure and I’m not sure if I’ve seriously messed something up by resetting it. I was planning on giving Valliant a call later about it, but I’m worried they might not be too impressed with me resetting it? Will it invalidate my guarantee?

As I say, I’m just terrified I might have done something wrong. On reflection I should have just left it, but knew I’d just be worrying for the whole of my week away about what the problem was with the hot water.

I know, people like me really shouldn’t be allowed near boilers :( .

Any help appreciated from those much more knowledgeable than my good self!

Sponsored Links
Well my advice would be to call an RGI to recommission your boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back