Valliant EcoTEC Plus constantly running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We moved into this property a month ago and having never had a combo boiler It’s all pretty new to me.

The boiler this evening seems to be doing its own thing. It’s constantly running and whilst we have the temperature set to 19c, the wirelsss thermostat is saying it’s 22c. Have checked the radiators and some are scorching hot whilst others are luke warm at best but the house I definitely hotter than it usually is.

My ideas before I spend a fortune getting somebody to look at it? I’m certainly no expert so won’t want to be trying anything major on t.

Sponsored Links
Could be the 24v link has been left in at the boiler - however opening the cover forms part of the combustion circuit and should be opened by a gas safe registered engineer to check its safe afterwards. Do you have more than one thermostat?

Thanks for replying.

No, we only have one wireless thermostat which is a Boiler Plus Wireless Programmable Thermostat.

Was able to turn down/off some of the scorching radiators but temperature in house is still 20 an it’s set to 19. The towel rails are scorching though!

Until you find out the issue, can't you turn the heating water flow temperature down, so it's not that hot?

Sponsored Links
Will that just do the water temperature rather than the heating in the house?

Just checked the boiler and the radiator symbol on the ecoTEC Plus 937 is flashing…

No, the flow temperature is for the rads/heating, what is yours currently set at? I run mine low, around 50°C

@Mr Chibs it was around 60 but have moved it down. I’ve spent 30 mins on the phone with local firm who have taken a total novice through some checks and sounds like the boiler itself is fine but maybe the thermostat that’s not connecting to the boiler. I’ve taken the wireless thermostat next to the boiler and raised the temperature and the boiler kicked in to get up, then turned it down below and it seemed to shut off! Huzzah!

However now need to test with turning radiators back on a touch and keep an eye on the thermostat. Gut feel is there is an issue between boiler and thermostat.

Might be a silly thing but have you tried new batteries in the wireless thermostat or even just taking them out and then replacing them to reset the connection between thermostat and reciever?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back