Valliant ecoTEC plus won't re-pressurise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I woke up today to find that my Valliant ecoTEC plus was showing the F22 code. After lots of googling I realise what the problem is and have tried followed instructions to turn the grey knobs underneath the boiler to re-pressurise it. The instructions I found said that I would hear water moving when I turned them, which I didn't. The pressure rose from 0.3 to 0.6, but that's it. Am I missing something or is there something else wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you were probably doing the right thing but a couple of pictures of the filling loop area would be very useful.

You should repressurise regularly and not wait until the boiler fails!

You may be on a higher floor where that is all the mains pressure you can get.

Its possible the pressure can be higher at times when water is not being used like 0500 hrs for example.

Tony

Thank you both. I honestly had no idea that I was meant to be regularly checking the pressure, I'm clearly not very well house trained!

Here's a photo:

I am on the 4th (top) floor of an apartment block, does that explain the low pressure? Am I ok to use the boiler on such a low pressure (0.6)?[/img]

Sponsored Links
It looks like the boiler will actually work down to 0.3 bar without the dreaded F22 error.

Below 0.6 bar you may get a flashing warning in the display as a sort of early warning of possible problems but I wouldn't worry about doing any damage by using the system. The pressure will rise a little anyway when it warms up so don't freeze any more.

Just keep an eye on things in case there is a slow leak somewhere and when the system is cold sometime have another go at repressurising to see if the mains has improved.

It looks like the boiler will actually work down to 0.3 bar without the dreaded F22 error.

Below 0.6 bar you may get a flashing warning in the display as a sort of early warning of possible problems but I wouldn't worry about doing any damage by using the system. The pressure will rise a little anyway when it warms up so don't freeze any more.

Just keep an eye on things in case there is a slow leak somewhere and when the system is cold sometime have another go at repressurising to see if the mains has improved.

Thank you, that's really reassuring. I'll fire it up and keep an eye on it.

I am on the 4th (top) floor of an apartment block, does that explain the low pressure? Am I ok to use the boiler on such a low pressure (0.6)?[/img]

That's exactly what I expected.

Check the pressure every week and top up if necessary.

Try at 0500hrs and see if you can get it higher.

If the boiler works then use it.

Tony

That's exactly what I expected.

Check the pressure every week and top up if necessary.

Try at 0500hrs and see if you can get it higher.

If the boiler works then use it.

Tony

Thank you Tony, really useful to know that I should be checking this. Hopefully I'll avoid it falling below 0.3 again.

Most boilers are set to stop working below 0.6 bar.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back